Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Parisian Dinner Therapy

If I were to choose one city where I could get lost forever, it would Paris. Maybe that's why one of my favorite movies is Midnight in Paris. And, yesterday, I wandered from The Bastille, past Notre Dame, along the River Seine and back again. I stopped into a cafe, had lunch and watched the people walk by and for the first time, realized what it must be like for my friend, Josh to be living here. It would be daunting to be so far away from the home you know, even though that new home is this fantastic city of lights.

And that's just what we talked about during our dinner at Le Petit Marche. The wine, like any bottle I have had so far, and yes, that was correct- bottle - was fruity, yet not sweet and complex carbs be damned, I ate every last bite of those mashed potatoes. How do they get them so creamy? I could have cared less - I devoured them. And over the perfectly baked creme brulee, our dinner conversation continued into areas that would make my professional friend proud. Maybe it's the atmosphere here - the dark chasing the light from the sky at 10 pm, the sound of laughter from the neighborhood restaurants,or the easy, lazy way they have of enjoying their meals-but all of it combined has proven the perfect relaxation to the recent craziness that has been going on with me.



While the stories are different then when I traveled with my mom here, it's a great feeling knowing that she has experienced all of this with me and that makes me really happy. And being happy is what it's all about for me - enjoying life - taking no one for granted and realizing that every path and decision you make in life brings you to where you are today. If I had never moved back to Boston - this trip and more importantly - this friendship, would not exist and I can't imagine what my life would like without that.

So, get lost in the city that you love the most and know that where ever you are in life is where you are supposed to be. Where you go from there is anyone's guess, but make the journey with a friend who makes the trip worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment